Full-Time Reservationist/Reception/Admin Manager – Hoedspruit area
Reservationist/Reception/Admin Manager – Hoedspruit area
This fantastic lodge is looking for someone with experience to join their fantastic team. The individual must have previous experience in the above role and Lodge industry. The lodge provides extensive training and support to guide the new employee into their unique way of operations.
Candidate must have the following qualities:
– Reporting into the Operations Manager
– Candidate can be male or female
– Experience in reservations systems (Hotelier, Opera or similar)
– Proficient in using Outlook, Microsoft office (excel especially).
– Must be neat and organized.
– Must be motivated and dynamic.
– Experience in working with online reservations systems eg. Booking.com.
– A pleasant, professional and friendly telephone manner.
– Preferably English speaking (as many of our guests are from overseas). A third language would be an advantage.
– Be able to work well with a team and be a team player, give constructive feedback and receive constructive feedback.
– Proficient in relaying good handovers between shifts.
– Willingness to fit into our Lodge culture and the way that we like things done (we are an owner run business and are very hands on).
– Good with record keeping, filing, taking payments, following up on payments, making reservations for guests activities.
– Aptitude for numbers (as the individual will be responsible for income and deposit schedules, credit card reconciliations, banking etc).
– Good with guests as he/she will be dealing with guests face to face in the reception.
– Responsible for curio shop stock takes.
– Assisting with the checking in and out of guests.
– Assisting other managers on duty with supervision of junior staff, checking of the Lodge and Lodge communal areas etc.
– Be prepared to host guests and assist in the front of house if the need arises (even though this would not be the predominant role).
– Have a conscious and observant personality with high attention to detail.
– Proactive and proficient with time management and self-motivation.
– Position available immediately
– Working 3 week on 1 week off cycle.
– 21 Annual leave days a year
– Accommodation on the property – the lodge prides itself in fantastic accommodation for our staff.
– Extensive training for the job role
– Discount on Lodge accommodation for friends/family
– Meals – our staff are responsible for their own meals
– No Dogs/Cats
– Staff are allowed guests during their off days if they choose to remain on the property.
This is a ideal opportunity for someone who is motivated and passionate about the Lodge/Hospitality industry and enjoys the bush and would like to create an important role and long term contribution to our company. The lodge is approximately 40km from Hoedspruit so there is access to shops/restaurants etc. The lodge is proud of the relationships it has with their employees and the way that the lodge is run. Respect for people and honesty and integrity are some of the core values. Staff are encouraged and are able to enjoy the property during their off time (after work hours) – some run/walk/cycle/swim (the lodge is not big 5 but do has buffalo and hippo).
In terms of remuneration, it would depend on experience and quality of the candidate, so salary is neg.
If you are interested and qualify please forward your CV, a recent head & shoulder picture and contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
758 total views, 1 today