Full-Time LODGE & FIELD ASSISTANT – GREATER KRUGER NATIONAL PARK AREA
LODGE & FIELD ASSISTANT – GREATER KRUGER NATIONAL PARK AREA
Experience and training in the ecotourism and wildlife / farm management sector is required, and suitable applicants must be able to adapt to a forward-thinking and adaptive management approach with a focus on both the conservation importance and cultural importance of predators and ecosystems in general. With this organization the focus is on sustainability and managing the environment responsibly.
Key responsibilities of the Lodge & Field Assistant position are as follows:
• Assist with all lodge management aspects: guiding of guests / lion tracking on the conservancy by vehicle, guided walks along the Klaserie River, guest trips in to Kruger Park, guest transfers / pick-ups / drop-offs, collection of lodge supplies.
• Assistant to the General Manager with all Farm & Habitat Management, wildlife management, and anti-poaching / security.
• Assistant to the ecologist with predator research.
• Supervision of Field Staff and farm / wildlife management, under guidance of the General Manager.
• Predator Tracking & Monitoring by vehicle on a daily basis
• Mentoring student volunteers when necessary / when they participate in field activities
• South African citizens only
• Minimum qualification FGASA Level 1 Theory & Practical AND Diploma in Nature Conservation / Environmental Management
• Basic experience in conservation or wildlife management is essential
• Basic experience in ecotourism is essential
• Weapons (firearm) trained and certified
• Fluency in English and Afrikaans (conversational) essential
• Conversational Shangaan, Zulu or Sesotho would be ideal
• Valid driver’s license and competent 4×4 driving ability is a requirement
• PDP (public driving permit) ideal
• First Aid Level 1
Salary: Salary of R5 000 / month
Leave: In accordance with BCEA
Accommodation: rustic accommodation is provided
*If you qualify and are interested please send your updated CV along with references and a recent Head & Shoulder picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
** Due to the high number of emails we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a reply withing a week, please consider your application as unsuccessful
491 total views, 1 today