Full-Time GENERAL MANAGER – GREATER KRUGER NATIONAL PARK AREA
GENERAL MANAGER – GREATER KRUGER NATIONAL PARK AREA
Salary: R20.000 / month
Leave: In accordance with BCEA
Accommodation: spacious farmhouse with 2 bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, dining room and veranda
This unique position requires a dedicated individual to fill the following position:
Experience and training in the ecotourism and wildlife / farm management sector is required, and suitable applicants must be able to adapt to a forward-thinking and adaptive management approach with a focus on both the conservation importance and cultural importance of predators and ecosystems in general. Unique to this organization is the focus on sustainability and managing the environment responsibly.
Key Responsibilities of the General Manager:
• Intensive management of the conservancy in the heart of the Greater Kruger Park Region, with the long-term objective of opening / dropping fences in to the Greater Kruger Region.
• General management of all departments and staff: Farm Management, Wildlife Management, Lodge staff, Admin / office staff, field staff, security & anti-poaching, conservation volunteer program.
• Farm & Habitat Management: including road & fence maintenance, erosion control, alien plant control
• Oversee the Maintenance Manager in his responsibilities: Maintenance of pumps, vehicles, generators, geysers, infrastructure etc.; special building projects when necessary.
• Wildlife Management: including maintaining the habitat-prey and predator-prey balance within the ecological capacity of the available habitat, conducting game census, vegetation surveys and game cropping when necessary
• Staff Management, Training & Maintaining Disciplinary Code
• Predator Tracking & Monitoring by vehicle
• Anti-poaching & Security
• Mentoring student volunteers who participate in field activities
: • South African citizens only
• Minimum 5 years experience as a General Manager
• Minimum 10 years farm management experience
• Mechanical experience & general maintenance capability (pumps & vehicles esp., geysers, generators etc).
• Experience with wildlife management is essential
• Weapons (firearm) trained and certified
• Knowledge of LRA and BCEA is a requirement
• Experience with CCMA and Unions essential
• Fluency in English and Afrikaans (conversational) essential
• Coversational Shangaan, Zulu or Sesotho would be ideal
• Valid driver’s license and competent 4×4 driving ability is a requirement.
If you qualify and are interested please send your updated CV along with references and a recent Head & Shoulder picture to email@example.com
** Due to the high number of emails we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a reply withing a week, please consider your application as unsuccessful
842 total views, 1 today