Full-Time Field Guide Training Manager – Kruger Area
Field Guide Training Manager – Kruger Area
Compensation: Between R20-25,000 per month (depending on skills and experience) and large comfortable family accommodation.
One of Southern Africa’s leading provider of FGASA accredited Field Guide courses SEEKS a Highly qualified FGASA trainer, who is an enthusiastic and experienced manager with a passion for education and development of people. You need to be a confident professional with a proven track record in this field and management experience, ready to take on the challenge of heading up our Professional Field Guide Course, and assist in programme development for the company.
In return you will join the highest regarded organisation in its field with ambitious plans for the future. We have a very strong culture, an international outlook and lots of growth in our future.
We specialize in education, running two types of courses tailored for the Lodge industry; our highly acclaimed professional field guide courses and also our hospitality course. Over the years we have built our excellent reputation in the industry by training high achieving field guides, both practically and academically and supplying hospitality staff to assist in the running of lodges.
We ensure all our students meet and exceed the standards required in the industry in Southern Africa.
What We’re Looking for in You:
While we require high level of experience and expertise to be considered for this position, what we look for more than anything are applicants with a deep passion for our programs, strong management skills, highly personable, hard working, with innovation and ambition to maintain us at the top of the industry, as well as to advance their career.
Minimum Skills & Experience
– FGASA level 3 qualification
– Full trails Guide
– FGASA level 1 and ARH Assessor
– SKS qualification an advantage
– Minimum of 6 years guiding experience
– Previous teaching/training experience
– Proven management experience
– Resourcefulness, flexibility
– Innovative and forward thinking
– Fluent in English spoken and written.
What you’ll be up to:
• Course management : Ensuring high standard of training and smooth running of the operations, course planning and implementation, and ensuring our Health & safety policy is adhered to.
• Student management and training: Conduct training lectures and drives on a regular basis, student feedback, mentoring, assessments, discipline and student well being and development.
• Staff management and training: Taking on a strong leadership role to ensure we maintain a happy, productive and high quality staff team. Responsibilities include all aspects of Staff management & well-being, including ensuring efficient and professional communication maintained within the team, staff training and development, performance reviews, team building, and recruitment.
• Programme Development: Work closely with the Directors on strategic planning of the company and assist in development of new programmes and initiatives. Keeping on the ‘pulse’ in the lodge and training industry to ensure the skills and modules we offer in the Field guide courses are the most relevant in the work environment.
• Admin: General administration associated with the position, including course planners, allocation and scheduling of staff, general and FGASA correspondence. Managing the Camp Administrator to ensure smooth running of the course, logistics and budgeting adhered to.
• Sales & Marketing support: Ensure staff is Supporting Sales and Marketing teams in social media, PR content and ideas.
• Placement development and management: Nurturing current placements and sourcing new, both in the lodge and wildlife conservation areas. Student placement interviews and allocation, planning interviews and mentoring during placement periods.
Should you feel you meet these requirements, kindly submit a CV, with references accompanied by a recent head and shoulder photograph to: email@example.com
1181 total views, 2 today