Full-Time Field Guide Trainer – Kruger Area
Field Guide Trainer – Kruger Area
Position: Field Guide Trainer
Salary: R15,000 -18,000 per month dependent on qualifications and experience
Start date: ASAP
Leave Cycle: 4 weeks on, 1 week off.
Other leave: – Weekends off, when not on duty.
– +/-5 weeks annual leave taken between courses (June & December each year).
The role broadly involves practical and theoretical training of long term field guide students (local and international), up to FGASA Level 2 knowledge level and allows for massive advancement of the trainer’s own knowledge and skills required to be an outstanding trainer/guide.
The role will suit pro-active, self-motivated and enthusiastic South African citizens who thrive in a diverse working environment and is fluent in English (written and spoken). Opportunities for promotion and programme development for experienced candidates within this dynamic and growing company, dependent on performance. Previous experience in training is advantageous.
Note: This position is open to couples & families who meet the qualifying criteria.
High level overview:
– Training learners in the form of class room based tutorials, and applying the knowledge practically in the field – including game drives and walks
– Ensuring strict health and safety protocol in the field and at campus
– Student outings & logistics
– Maintaining high training and programme standards
– Assisting with social media marketing in the form of writing blogs and supplying photos when on duty
– General Administration
– Additional responsibilities dependent on experience and interest.
Minimum qualifications required.
We are looking for the most qualified people as possible however this is the minimum required.
Additional skills and experience will reflect in the salary package offered.
– South African resident
– Full FGASA Level 2 (preferably level 3)
– FGASA assessor advantage
– Full FGASA Trails Guide
– Valid ARH
– SASSETA Proficiency
– Drivers licence and PrDP
– Valid First Aid
– DEAT Registered
– Extensive 4×4 Driving experience
– Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to interact with people from diverse back grounds.
– Fluent in English, both spoken and written
– Extensive experience in the guiding industry (minimum 3 years – lodge based guiding)
– Excellent presentation skills
– Excellent organisational skills
– Pro-active, self-motivated, and flexible
– Ability to work independently
– Good computer skills
– Previous training experience an advantage
Additional skills advantage and will reflect in the salary offered.
– FGASA Assessor
– FGASA level 3
– Management experience
Included in Salary package: R15,000-18,000 per month dependent on qualifications and will include R600 medical aid contribution, contributions to industry related membership renewals and biannual development training, accommodation, uniforms & meals on duty.
Should you feel you meet these requirements, kindly submit a CV, with references accompanied by a recent head and shoulder photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
874 total views, 2 today