Full-Time CAMP MANAGER AND SAFARI/MAINTENANCE MANAGER couple – Hoedspruit
COUPLE NEEDED – 5* PROPERTY HOEDSPRUIT AREA
CAMP MANAGER AND SAFARI/MAINTENANCE MANAGER
SALARY COMBINED R24.000 DoE
REGRET NO KIDS OR PETS
Title: Camp Manager
Previous Experience:5 years + in 4/5 star Lodge environments
Starting Date: ASAP
The property is looking for a suitable applicant to employ in the position of Camp Manager.
The Camp Manager’s primary role would be to oversee the running of the 2 Camps and pre planning to ensure that all guests are looked after at the highest service levels whilst retaining a homely feel. The Camp Manger will report directly to the operations manager
The main purpose of the Camp Manager is to manage the camp on a daily basis and to thereby create an authentic guest experience, in line with the vision and creative concepts of the Camp. The Camp Manager is accountable to the Owner and Operations Manager for this and is to ensure a unique experience for each guest.
It is the responsibility of the Camp Manager to manage Hospitality Service, the Curio Shop, Food and Housekeeping standards within the Camp. There will be an element of Administration as well.
In this capacity, guest expectations regarding the standard of service should be exceeded. In addition, the Camps need to be monitored so that they run in a cost effective manner, within the agreed budget; in a manner which is conducive to positive inter-personal relationships between staff; and at a superior level of efficiency. Stock controls are imperative and the final responsibility of procurement and stock control rests with the Camp Manager.
The Camp Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the morale of the Camp staff is kept at a high level and that staff are developed on an ongoing basis.
Finally, the Camp Manager must provide a written hand over of responsibilities in his/her absence and ensure that a full handover is received on his/her return.
Scope of work
In broad terms the Camp Manager oversees the following key performance areas:
1. Management and training of the Camp staff in line with company standards
2. Ensure ultimate Guest Relations in the Camp and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained
3. Manage and maintain housekeeping to ensure that all rooms and public areas set to company standard at all times
4. Effective financial management through the administration of orders and effective stock control
5. Effective communication and maintenance of camp relations
6. Mange operations and F&B to ensure that all elements are effectively planned
7. Effective Human resources management including but not limited to attendance records
8. Management of the FOH and kitchen staff
9. Effectively oversee the Spa operation including menu planning and employment of therapists
10. Control of sales, purchases and all stock controls in the shop.
11. Day to Day liaison with Reservations.
12. Implementation of Day sheets, booking of weddings, activities etc.
13. Work within planned operational budgets
As such the person filling this position needs to have:
1. A minimum of 5 year’s work experience – ideally 2 years in a well-recognized hotel or lodge, as an assistant or manager
2. Good Food and Beverage knowledge
3. Good Housekeeping knowledge
4. Financial management ability
5. A hardworking, co-operative manner
6. High standards of service delivery and a passion for the industry
7. Attention to detail
8. First Language English and a second language would be preferable
9. Good computer literacy
10. Excellent management ability and communication skills
11. An understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures
12. A developmental approach to staff
13. Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
14. Understanding of housekeeping and maintenance procedures
15. An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality
Title: Safari / Maintenance Manager
Previous Experience:5 years + in 4/5 star Lodge environments, FGASA level 2 and trails
Starting Date: ASAP
looking for a suitable applicant to employ in the position of Safari / Maintenance Manager.
The Safari Manager’s primary role would be to oversee the running of the Safari and Maintenance teams ensuring excellent guest experiences while ensuring the property is maintained at all times. The position reports to the Op’s Manager.
The main purpose of the Safari Manager is to guide the safari team in conjunction with the head ranger ensuring guests have exceptional game drive experiences and ensuring all equipment is accounted for and in good working order. The Safari manager will conduct game drives from time to time and must have an extensive knowledge and guiding ability to ensure they can manage the Safari team and assist in creating memorable experiences. The Safari should incorporate the camp mantra – “Safari for the Soul”. As such the Safari Manger should:
• Draw up, forecast and implement departmental budget.
• Manage and control working hours, leave cycles and the implementation thereof.
• Staff career development and training.
• Chair Safari meetings and ensure minutes are recorded appropriately.
• Performance management, employ, disciplinary and grievance matters.
• Complete relevant personnel and office administration.
• Facilitation of good interpersonal relations between Safari staff, Lodge staff and Guests.
• Monitor, manage and direct the Safari staff, equipment, vehicles and assets.
• Organise and allocate tracking back-up drives, standby duties and game drive allocations
• Attend field guide and reserve meetings
• Ensure you at all times have a balanced, presentable and capable team
• Oversee the workshop function ensuring the weekly servicing of the Lodges fleet
• Control of safe storage of Weapons, ammo, licensing, and training.
• Managing ALL vehicles with weekly preventative maintenance, and outside servicing as required.
• Control of Vehicle Movt and admin (Licensing etc)
Secondly the Safari Manager would oversee the day to day maintenance operation at the lodge ensuring that:
• Guest rooms are check prior to arrival and all is 100% in working order
• Be a competent maintenance manager able to complete electrical, plumbing and other day to day work in a professional and certifiable manner
• All lodge equipment is in working order
• Preventative maintenance checks are in place ensuring longevity of equipment
• Overseeing reserve policy and procedure including road maintenance and fire breaks
• Managing safari vehicles and ensuring weekly services are actioned
• Checking all roads for erosion
• Monitoring large machinery especially water pumps and boreholes, generators, grey water systems, Solar power systems and lodge infrastructure
• Implementing techniques to reduce power and water consumption and maximize energy savings
Finally the Safari Manager would oversee the Security / Porter team. This responsibility would include:
• Managing daily transport schedules
• Assigning drivers
• Ensuring guest security procedures are in place and adhered to
• Monitoring equipment usage and ensuring all safety equipment in a usable state
• Managing of the security team including rostering and HR procedures
• Ensuring transport trips (staff and guests) and planned and actioned according to schedule thereby ensuring maximum vehicle efficiency
• Monitoring security around the camp at night as well as the staff village
The Safari Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
1. Excellent organisational, leadership and communication skills
2. Able to perform under pressure with a high sense of responsibility
3. Excellent administration skills
4. Ability to train and mentor staff
5. Passionate about guest satisfaction
6. FGASA qualified Minimum Level 2, Trails Guide
7. Excellent preventative maintenance understanding
8. Systematic approach to property R&M
9. Strong reporting ability
3. Able to collaborate and work as part of a team.
4. Able to act decisively and quickly when necessary.
6. Creative problem solver.
The Safari Manager plays an integral part in the day to day Camp Operations and should have a proactive approach to work, staff and guests. It is important that the Safari Manger enables teams to deliver on expectations and provide a holistic bush experience. Simultaneously trough proactive management it is vital to ensure all facets of the camp are in working order and finally ensuring maximum efficiency thereby delivering on bottom line requirements.
If you qualify and are interested please send your updated CV along with references, recent Head & Shoulder picture to email@example.com
** Due to the high number of emails we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a reply within a week, please consider your application as unsuccessful
779 total views, 1 today